2 de març del 2015

5-Second Rule: The Science Behind Eating Something After It Touches The Floor

Crap! My pizza just fell off, should I eat it? Well, there's the 5 second rule...  
News: The 70 percent of women and 50 percent of men use the prior excuse, but does this guideline really exist?
Isn't fine to eat off the floor when:
- It's been chilling there. A recent study proved that the food that had been down longer had more bacteria than the food that just fell and picked up fast.
- Your food is moist because of the surface contact.
- When it's fallen on hardwood floors because bacteria survive for longer periods on parquet than on carpet.
- When it fell on your laptop. British researchers discovered that the keybord is full of bacteria (more than the toilet seat!).

Personal opinion: Throwing away the food is a shame, specially the one you most like or that chocolate cookie. Well, next time you should get it over, the floor and even the computer are full of bacteria and that's unhealthy for you. You parents might tell you "Don't throw the food, there's children in Africa who are hungry". And now I think, am I helping them eating all my plate? The answer is no, for avoiding this I have two options:
1) Buy only the enough food.
2) Donate the food that I bought but I'm not going to cook or eat.
Furthermore you could help the real people donating money to the needys or spend time doing a voluntary work.

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/5-second-rule-science-behind-eating-something-touches-floor/946989/

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada